If this isn’t your first time visiting my blog I’m sure you realized by now that I changed my blog name and web address. I changed the name to something I feel better defines my blog and it’s contents. I don’t think “Health Conscious Housewife”, as cute as it was, explained what my blog is about, I never blogged about housewifey things nor am I technically a “housewife” any longer.
I think this will be a good change but I am currently just as scared as I am excited, because 1.) Change scares me & 2.) I spent the last year marketing my blog as Health Conscious Housewife, and now I kinda feel like I’m starting all over.
To celebrate these new changes I’m sharing my newest most favorite dessert recipe; Vegan Coconut Mud Pie. It is;
Layer # 1
2 Cups Unbleached All Purpose Flour
8 oz Vegan Butter, softened
2 Cups pecan pieces
1 Cup Organic powdered sugar
8 oz vegan cream cheese style spread (I use Daiya brand)
1 Cup unsweetened Coconut flakes
1/4 Cup Coconut milk
2 3.9oz boxes Chocolate Pudding mix (Jell-o brand is unintentionally Vegan)
2 1/2 Cups Coconut milk
2 13oz Cans Full-fat Coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1/4 Cup Unsweetened Coconut flakes, Toasted (directions how to toast below)
- Mix flour, and pecan pieces with softened vegan butter. Press into a 9×13 glass baking dish. Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- If topping pie with toasted coconut flakes, spread 1/4 cup coconut flakes onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment, bake at 350°F for 2-3 Minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Cream powdered sugar, vegan cream cheese, 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, and coconut milk together until smooth and creamy. Spread on top completely cooled pecan crust.
- Using a mixer, whip chocolate pudding mix with coconut milk on high speed until thickened. Pour and spread over layer #2.
- Scoop chilled coconut milk fat out of the top of the cans *try not to scoop up a lot of the clear liquid at the bottom* and add to a mixing bowl along with vanilla extract, whip until soft peaks form. Spread over layer #3.
- Sprinkle toasted coconut flakes on top.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before cutting and serving.